Mala Barua and Nandini Gulati are delighted to bring you delicious and healthy recipes. Now you can lose weight and improve your health while enjoying an abundance of different cuisines. Eating from the recipes presented in this book can help you lose weight, prevent hypertension, cholesterol and diabetes and with proper guidance from a plant-based doctor or health coach, even help you reverse these conditions in many cases.
This book is born from a philosophy of conscious eating – knowing how our food choices impact our bodies, the planet and other sentient beings.
We have presented 5 different cuisines – Italian, Mediterranean, Thai, Indian and American. Each cuisine has 2 full menus which you can make for a dinner party or pick and choose individual dishes. Each menu consists of a beverage, a soup, a starter, 2 salads, one main dish, 2 vegetable sides and a dessert.
All recipes are WHOLE and PLANT BASED which is a lifestyle recommended by many doctors to resolve a variety of health issues like diabetes, heart-disease, high blood pressure, overweight, high cholesterol and many other lifestyle diseases. Dr. Nandita Shah of SHARAN, has written the foreword to the book. She has been practicing nutrition based medicine for the past 10 years with incredible results with her patients. There are many other doctors, health coaches and nutritionists achieving amazing results of improved health after helping people adopt this way of eating. Try it and see for yourself!
11 special features of this book!
1. Many people are developing allergies to gluten, so we bring you LOCAL MILLETS like ragi, amaranth, jowar or sorghum and bajra or pearl millet.
2. As people find it difficult to make raw, natural food part of their meals, we feature a lot of creatively presented RAW FOOD recipes.
3. Since dairy products are neither ethical nor healthy to eat, we have presented several DAIRY ALTERNATIVES. When you make them you would not even believe these are plant-based like curds, shakes, dips and ice-creams.
4. Lots of recipes for the special SWEET TOOTH! How to do it without sugar? All our desserts are sweetened with dried fruit like dates and raisins etc. We have halwa, kheer, ice-creams and much more!
5. We all love junk food but ever heard of HEALTHY JUNK FOOD that even your kids will love! There is pizza, key lime pie smoothie, all American banana split, burgers and country fries complete with coleslaw!
6. How to make your OLD CLASSICS like palak paneer, pakoras and gajar ka halwa without ghee, oil, dairy and sugar! We have that too!
7. New ways of using EVERYDAY VEGETABLES that people think are boring! We present recipes using karela, bhindi (okra), beetroot, brinjals, pumpkin or eggplants (see cover pic) and much more!
8. Have no TIME TO COOK? Try this 3 ingredient broccoli soup. There are many simple recipes with few ingredients and easy steps!
9. Do you get stressed when guests have to come over and either have no time or can’t decide HOW TO PLAN MENU? We have presented full menus have been put together for you, so all you have to do is pick one that you like!
10. Making EXOTIC RECIPES simple and healthy! We have wheat-free lasagna, thai curries, lentil bread, gluten-free halwa and even sushi!
11. BASIC RECIPES to replace milk, curd, butters, sugar replacers, cheese, mayonnaise, cream, home made ketchup etc. etc.